Saturday, August 11, 2012

When will you take the next step?

Although I had had liberty minded ideas for a long time before I took the next step into voluntarism it wasn't until I came upon a couple of different readings that I made the transition. I didn't come upon these things by happenstance but through my quest of learning what exactly freedom is. What the logical foundation for such a thing is as well as its ethical and moral implications. This is how I've gotten here. My question is when are you going to take the next step? When are you going to reject the state in its every form for the evil that it is? As a libertarian I eventually went to the belief in minarchism, which essentially states that the only role for government in society is to protect private property and contract. There's a joke that's told about minarchists that goes like so "What's the difference between a minarchist and an anarchist? 6 months." It's true because I left minarchism and that's because it'll take you about that much time to learn about the beauty that is the Non-Aggression Principle. It is wrong to breach the Non-Aggression Principle and the State can only exist by breaching it, so its very existence is based on a foundation of immorality.

No comments:

Post a Comment